St. Andrew's Frimley Green & Mytchett
Children and Youth Worker
St. Andrew’s Frimley Green & Mytchett is a small conservative Evangelical Church situated between the 2 villages of Frimley Green & Mytchett on the Surrey-Hampshire Border, close to Camberley & Farnborough, with easy access to major roads north & south, and direct rail links to London Waterloo with a journey time of approximately 45 minutes.
We are looking for someone:
- Eager to see children and young people rescued and transformed by Jesus and to grow as a disciple of Jesus themselves.
- Spiritually mature with previous ministry experience and suitable theological training (e.g. Cornhill or other Ministry Training Course, apprenticeship, diploma/degree).
- Who shares our complementarian conservative evangelical convictions
- To oversee, organise, develop and drive the children and youth ministry of our church; taking the lead in growing and making disciples among the children and young people within our congregation, local schools, local area and beyond.
- Able to teach the bible in a variety of contexts and to a range of ages and willing to envision, motivate, train and equip other volunteers from within our church family to enable all of our children and youth ministries to flourish and grow.
- Who loves spending time with children and young people.
- And who we can love, support and delight in seeing grow.
- Initial 2-year contract (3 months’ probation) with possibility to extend
Salary: In the region of £22k-£25k pa depending on experience.
Application deadline: We are keen to appoint somebody as soon as possible, so we will be conducting interviews as applications arrive.
Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of the Guildford Diocese ‘Safer Recruiting’ process including an enhanced DBS check.
For details of our application procedure, please contact Mrs Lynne Fergusson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the post can be found by reading the full job description.